Our vision is to provide a place where children facing a life-limiting condition, and their families, receive care and support in a home-like, child friendly setting. This loving care continues as we support grieving families with a compassionate and holistic circle of care.
The children’s hospice will be a place where these young patients, and their families can find joy, live well and create lasting memories
We plan to build a children’s hospice that will embrace children, families, and caregivers throughout their journey by providing a comfortable, supportive second home ﬁlled with love and the diverse resources needed to support the unique needs of children with life-limiting diagnoses.
A children’s hospice is a space where kids can be kids, playing and laughing. Along with home-like bedrooms, we will provide a wide variety of specialized recreation and activity facilities to keep muscles moving as well as minds and senses stimulated. All the while, we will provide coordinated and seamless medical care.The new hospice will be state-of-the-art to support children of every age, stage, background, and functional capability. It will oﬀer specialized services and space for children and adolescents that will best respect their level of maturity and needs. There will also be dedicated areas to allow for privacy and space to support a family’s ﬁnal wishes for their child. If a child should move into adulthood, we can continue this excellence in care through our adult hospice services.
Children and their loved ones will be well served by both new and coordinated facilities and programs, including:
- 10-bedroom wing for children at end of life where family members can stay with their child
- Space for day wellness programs
- Community based grief and bereavement support services wing (adult and children) – continuing and expanding Bob Kemp Hospice’s already extensive bereavement support program
- Respite care for families
- Bright and accessible play and gathering areas, both inside and out
- Kitchen and dining space
- Garden space
- Private and quiet areas for families
- Classrooms and activity space
- Space for complementary therapies such as massage, movement, recreation and music
- A specialized area where families can stay with their child after death
- Transition from hospital to home care
- Home visits by volunteers
- Access to experts and resources for families and caregivers
Hospice care is what we do, and we already have the trust and proven reputation in our community. The time is now for the next generation of families to have these critical services at their greatest time of need.